Number portability – keep your number and switch to an offer created for you!
With the Number Portability service, you can freely migrate to the mobile network of Makedonski Telekom from any other mobile network, and still keep your number with the prefix (075, 076, 077 or 078).
How to port a number to the mobile network of Makedonski Telekom?
If you wish to port a postpaid number:
- Submit a Request for concluding a subscriber contract with number porting to the mobile network of Makedonski Telekom at any of our points of sale;
- Submit your documents for concluding a new mobile postpaid contract and
- Submit a bill/invoice from the operator you are leaving.
If you wish to port a prepaid number:
- Submit a Request for number porting at any of our points of sale;
- Submit your personal ID card; and
- Identify yourself with the PUK number from the SIM card of the operator you wish to leave.
How to recognize whether the number has been ported to another mobile network?
When establishing a call, you can hear a sound signal that helps you recognize whether the number belongs to the mobile network of Makedonski Telekom or it had been ported from/to another mobile network. The sound signal is brief and can be heard before the call is established, only when calling a number ported to a mobile network different from the one to which the called number would belong according to the prefix.
When a subscriber of mobile network of Makedonski Telekom calls a fixed number, the sound signal indicates that the called number is in the network of a fixed operator that is not the holder of the number or that the number had changed its geographic location within the same numbering area, but remained in the network of the same operator.
How to check to which mobile network the number belongs?
If you wish to check to which mobile network the number you wish to call belongs, the following options are available:
- Send a free SMS message to 070 170 with the text: 3897YXXXXXX or 07YXXXXXX
- Call the free-of-charge number 070 170 and follow the voice instructions or
- Use the application given below, enter the telephone number you wish to check in the format YXXXXXX, enter the optic verification and clock “Search”.
General conditions when porting a mobile number
- You can only port the number from prepaid to prepaid, postpaid to postpaid and prepaid to postpaid number.
- You can port a number for voice transfer, not data or fax/data numbers.
- The deadline for porting a number to the mobile network of Makedonski Telekom is 2 (two) working days from the day of submission of the request. When porting a number to the mobile network of Makedonski Telekom, you will get a new SIM card.
- If your mobile phone is locked (coded), Makedonski Telekom cannot unlock (decode) it.
- It is not possible to postpone or cancel the Request for number porting.
- You can submit a request to port the number to another network or return to the old network within a period of time not shorter than 30 days from the start of the service.
- You can ask for the number to be ported to another network. The price is 236 MKD.
We are expecting you at the points of sale of Telekom where our employees are always happy to help you choose the offer that would fully meet your needs and expectations.